Friday, February 4, 2011

Music Video Reviews: Nicki Minaj, Avril Lavigne, Rihanna

Here's my first set of Music Video Reviews! :D


will.i.am & Nicki Minaj - Check It Out


This video is EPIC! This got me lovin' Nicki! Her facial expressions and robot moves made this video so fun to watch, not to mention the LSS inducing chorus and awesome rap. Da-Dun-Dun! Plus, Nicki's ass was huge in that Power Ranger costume. The flying Korean words also made me like the video more. What can I say? I'm biased. I guess I didn't care about will.i.am treating him self like a cyborg and a drawing were okay too but I think the main attraction of the video really was Nicki. She got the better lyrics. 5 STARS! :D




Avril Lavigne - What the Hell
AVRIL LAVIGNE IS BACK! The video screamed RED, well, painting the town red anyways. The beggining shows Avril waking up in what looks like an apartment. Her video boyfriend is beside her and he toys with him a little bit before getting ready. She gets out of the apartment and steals cars, plays with  some dudes at a court, plays tag and dress-up at a clothing store and parties at a club. At the end of the day, she's back home, in bed, with her boyfriend


The song just shouts FREEDOM, playing around, throwing your cares away and just being yourself. "All my life I've been good but now I'm thinking WHAT THE HELL?"


All in all, I rate it 4 stars because it was sorta missing that Avril factor somehow.


Rihanna - S&M
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me." Talk about a whole new take on the metaphor. :P Riri's new single from her "Loud" album is out and it shows a new side to the "Only Girl (In The World)" but she is still rocking that red hair.


In the beggining of the video, she is dragged into a room filled with press people with balls in their mouths, then she is bound to a wall via plastic bag. Then, she is shown holding a leash with a man on the other end. She is dressed like those Cruella DeVille-esque old school Mistresses, complete with a cigarette with a really long filter. The next scene shows the true meaning of S&M, which is "Sadism & Masochism" meaning sex with the use of bondage. There is also a Rihanna in pink rubber lingerie with pink popcorn in that scene.


There is also a scene were she is dancing with headlines flying around and it is rumored to have the words "Princess Of The Illuminati" along with the headlines. Rihanna really is a "Good Girl Gone Bad".


Some say it's like something Lady Gaga would do but I really don't see it. It sorta looks a little like Katy Perry because of the uber use of colors but aside from that It looks totally new. An Original brain child of the Barbados born singer.


3.5 Stars! The song is good but the video is sorta creepy. It's cool though. :D


That's it for this batch of reviews. Watch the Videos and tell me what you think. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment