Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Music Video Reviews: Nicki Minaj, Jessie J

It's been a few weeks since I last posted on this blog. Now that I'm back, I'm bringing you a new set of reviews! :D


Nicki Minaj feat. Drake - Moment 4 Life
"In this very moment I'm king, In this very moment I slayed Goliath with a sling" You might think that that line will come out of Drake's mouth but it doesn't. It actually comes from Nicki's. In this video, she is indeed a King. That might sound weird but it makes sense since kings are technically more powerful than queens.


The music video starts of with a paragraph from a book which says
Once upon a time, there lived a king named Nicki. One day, while sitting on her throne, she received an enchanting visit from her fairy Godmother. She would remember that moment for life. 
Nicki is then showed in a room, in front of a mirror getting ready for a party. Her Godmother, also played by her, appears near the bed and they exchange dialogues. The volume on that part is a little low and you may not be able to understand the Godmother through her British accent. There is also this weird part where the Godmother goes "IT'S MARTHA! BZZZZ!". I have recieved word it was to mock one of Nicki's Haters. Nicki replies with a laugh, a line that goes "You are crazy Godmother! I love you!" and a "Bitch" through gritted teeth. Now that part, I LOVED! :D


The Party Scene this time. Drake walks in to a room overlooking the floor below it. Drake sees Nicki walk in. Nicki sees Drake and BOOM! Love at first sight. They flirt on a couch behind a table full of chocolates. Godmother does her magic, Drake and Nicki get married, Fireworks, Clock strikes 12 and that was Nicki's "Moment 4 Life".


I rate it 3.5 STARS. I dunno, it was sort of lack luster for me. 2 raps and a chorus that is made up of 2 lines? But the video was good story wise. :D




Jessie J feat. B.o.B.
Now, this next one is more of a montage of Jessie dancing with HUMONGOUS toys, dancing as a toy. Song wise, it's beautiful, inspiring, and just...wow! "It's not about the money, money, money. We don't need your money, money, money. We just wanna make the world dance. Forget about the price tag." I couldn't have wrote a better chorus. It's perfect for a time like this, where people are doing everything they can, selling their things, their body parts, even their bodies just to get a glimpse at that "chaching, chaching". 


All in all, I give it 4 STARS since the video lacks story wise. 


That's it for this batch of reviews. Watch the Videos and tell me what you think. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment